Here i have recently got task to perform Data migration from AX 2009 to D356 Finance and operation, After doing some research i got information about DMT which actually helps you migrate data from AX 2009 to D365.
So i have decided to write some details about this tool so it can help other community to understand about this tool.
I will try to cover most of details in few parts in my blog, I have decided to start with Installation part in blog 1 in this migration series.
If you want to read about this tool please follow https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/fin-ops-core/dev-itpro/migration-upgrade/data-migration-tool this link.
- SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or higher
- On SQL server machine, install SQL 2012 Native client from —
- SQL SSIS service is installed and running on the machine where DMT service will be installed.
- SQL server authentication needs to support both SQL authentication and windows authentication.
- Access database engines
- Please follow the table below to install the right version
|SQL 2008||SQL 2012 and above|
|No office on VM||Access engine 32bit||Access engine 64bit|
|Office 32bit||Access engine 32bit||Access engine 64bit|
|Office 64bit||Access engine 32bit + 64bit||Access engine 64bit|
Install the Access data base engine from
- Dynamics AX 2009 SP1 – 5.0.1000.52 or higher
- Apply the pre-req patch from
- Where you have downloaded the zip, look for the pre-req folder, Install the prerequisite for patch(axpatch.exe), from the below location <where you have extracted the zip file\ pre-requisiteforpatch \application>
Install D365 for Operations DIXF Service (On SQL Server machine)
- Where you have extracted the zip file, look for the “DIXF msi” folder, Run the ‘DIXF_Service_x64.msi’ (You can download DIXF installer file from Microsoft download service)
Select the account, for the service(with Admin rights) and click ‘Next’. If you choose Network Service, please make sure Network Service account has admin rights. Otherwise, please de-select Network Service and put in an admin account user name and password.
Click ‘Finish’ on completion
Copy the below files to folder – [Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics AX\50\Client\Bin]
From where you have extracted the zip file look for “\Client dll” folder.
Install DMT 2009 components
• There are two ways to install the DMT tool. You can use either one.
a) Combined XPO
Step 1: Extract the combined XPO file from DMT December_2017_Release\CombinedXPO
Step 2: Import the combined XPO file.
Step 3: Copy the label file from DMT-December_2017_Release\Label file to Application folder [Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\50\Application\Appl(NameOfYourDeployment)].
Step 4: Restart the AOS
Step 5: Run the below menu item to compile and Synchronize the DMT related objects
Note: Combined XPO would be imported to the layer user has logged in.
- Application hotfix
Implementation projects should use the regular hotfix process as below.
Note: It will take approx. 7 hrs. to install the hotfix.
Step 1: extract from DMT-December_2017_Release\ApplicationHotfix\DynamicsAX2009-KB4010403-SP1
Step 2: Run the setup exe.
Step 3: Added LegalEntityId field in both views – DMTCustomerAddressView and DMTVendorAddressView
Step 4: Run the below menu item to compile and Synchronize the DMT related objects
Leave a Reply